- Universal Time (UTC) to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) 12 pm UTC: is: 12 pm GMT: 1 pm UTC: is: 1 pm GMT: 2 pm UTC: is: 2 pm GMT: 3 pm UTC: is: 3 pm GMT: 4 pm UTC: is: 4 pm GMT: 5 pm UTC: is: 5 pm GMT: 6 pm UTC: is: 6 pm GMT: 7 pm UTC: is: 7 pm GMT: 8 pm UTC: is: 8 pm GMT: 9 pm UTC: is: 9 pm GMT: 10 pm UTC: is: 10 pm GMT: 11 pm UTC: is: 11 pm GMT.
- Best time for a conference call or a meeting is between 4pm-6pm in SGT which corresponds to 8am-10am in GMT. 2:00 pm 14:00 Singapore Time (SGT). Offset UTC +8:00 hours 6:00 am 06:00 Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). Offset UTC 0:00 hours. 2:00 pm 14:00 SGT / 6:00 am 06:00 GMT.
- Universal Time → GMT -6 Time Conversion Chart. ( Reverse the chart below ) 0:00 AM (0:00) UTC =. 6:00 PM (18:00) Previous Day GMT-6. 0:30 AM (0:30) UTC =. 6:30 PM (18:30) Previous Day GMT-6. 1:00 AM (1:00) UTC =. 7:00 PM (19:00) Previous Day GMT-6. 1:30 AM (1:30) UTC =.
Convert Time From (UTC/GMT) to any time zone. Need to compare more than just two places at once? Try our World Meeting Planner and get a color-coded chart comparing the time of day in (UTC/GMT) with all of the other international locations where others will be participating.
Local time is based on time zone and Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). UTC is commonly referred to as International Time, Universal Time (UT), Zulu Time(U.S. military), or Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). GMT was established by international conference in 1884 as International Time.
The earth is divided into 24 time zones, -11 to +12. Each time zone is 1 hour long, or 15° wide in longitude. Greenwich England is, by definition, in the middle of Time Zone 0, the prime meridian. UTC timeis the local time at Greenwich England. Time in other locations will be the UTC time hour plus or minus the local Time Zone. Daylight savings time adds 1 hour to the local standard (real) time.
Twenty four hour time does not use 'am' or 'pm', but courts hours from midnight (0 hours) to 11 pm (23 hours).AM / PM and 24 Hour Time
Utc Time Zone
6pm Gmt To Utc
Time Around the World
Time zone & local time (Standard)
Hours behind (-), or ahead of, UT
|EST - Eastern Standard Time|
CST - Central Standard Time
MST - Mountain Standard Time
PST - Pacific Standard Time
|Time Zone Chart (PDF file) |
8.5 x 14 inches, 240 kB, color
Daylight savings time (DST) is used in the summer months in some regions. DST is 1 hour ahead of standard time. There is no consistency between regions as to when DST takes affect, or reverts back to standard (real) time. DST was never practical and will eventually be phased out (obsolete).
6pm Utc To Gmt Time Zone
- Atomic clock -- usually multiple clocks that count seconds (average of all clocks in system) based on the frequency of the cesium 133 atom (Cs) which oscillates at 9,192,631,770 Hertz.
- Mean solar time -- a measurement of the Earth's rotation with respect to the 'fictitious' mean sun.
- second -- One second (1 s or 1 sec.) is the duration of 9,192,631,770 periods of radiation corresponding to the transition between the two hyperfine levels of the ground state of the cesium 133 atom (Cs).
- UT -- An abbreviation (for Universal Time) that should be used to show approximation of all the below.
- UT0 -- mean solar time on the Greenwich meridian obtained from direct astronomical observation. The time 00 hours being at Greenwich mean midnight.
- UT1 -- UT0 corrected for polar motion (widely used).
- UT2 -- UT1 corrected for seasonal variation in the Earth's rotation (a smoothed scale that does not reflect the real periodic variations in the Earth's angular position).
- UTC -- civil atomic time scale on or about the Greenwich meridian kept within 0.9 seconds of UT1.
Standard Date Format
Virtually the entire world formats time as Hours:Minutes:Seconds (hours listed before minutes, minutes listed before seconds). The date format Year-Month-Day has become widely accepted as a standard in many countries.
International Standard ISO 8601,
United States ANSI X3.30 and NIST FIPS 4-1,
Canadian standard CSA Z234.5,
European standard EN 28601,
British standard BS EN 28601.
The United States and many other countries use the Christian Gregorian calendar to mark years. This calendar has become a standard in such worldwide industries as aviation, and international commerce and trade -- however, other calendars do exist.
Utc Gmt ConverterPublications
8' x 10', 192 pages
Table of Contents.
A Comprehensive Guide
to Speed Measuring Systems
- Print Edition
6' x 9', 84 pages
Table of Contents.
Microwave and Laser
Radar Protocols and
Results of Improper Use
- Print Edition
6pm Utc To Gmt Difference
|Coordinated Universal Time|