The Time Now is a reliable tool when traveling, calling or researching. The Time Now provides accurate (US network of cesium clocks) synchronized time and accurate time services around the world. Time Zone Conversion: CST » EST EST » GMT EST » IST GMT » EST PDT » EST PDT » GMT PST » EST PST » GMT PST » IST. World time zones by country. All the observed world time zones are listed by country (or territory) in the table below. There are independent states with multiple time zones, and the record-holder is France with 12 zones, but 11 of them are used in overseas areas and only one in the country's mainland.
In North America, Central Standard Time (CST) refers to a time which is followed in the Central Time Zone. CST means a standard time where six hours is subtracted from GMT (UTC/GMT −6), and during daylight saving time (DST), five hours is subtracted from GMT (UTC/GMT -5). The Central Standard Time is based on the mean solar time of the 90th meridian west of the Greenwich Observatory.
Reduced time precision To offer protection against timing attacks and fingerprinting, the precision of Date.now might get rounded depending on browser settings. In Firefox, the privacy.reduceTimerPrecision preference is enabled by default and defaults to 20µs in Firefox 59; in 60 it will be 2ms. World clock, time zone converters and meeting planner. Event time & date sharing. Daylight Saving Time dates. Sunrise/sunset and moonrise/moonset. Now a web application. Greenwich Mean Time is calculated from the Prime Meridian, which runs north and south through Greenwich, England. It's also home of the Royal Observatory. Since the Earth is round, there needs to be a notational line where things begin and end, and the Prime Meridian is it for time.
Central Time (CT)
Central Standard Time is observed during the winter months. While Central Daylight Time (CDT) is observed during daylight saving time in the spring, summer, and autumn months. There are areas which do not follow daylight saving time. In these areas Central Standard Time is observed year-around. In the United States and Canada, Central Standard Time is commonly shortened to Central Time (CT).
Effective 2007, the local time changes from CST to CDT at 02:00 LST to 03:00 LDT on the second Sunday in March, and returns at 02:00 LDT to 01:00 LST on the first Sunday in November.
Daylight Saving Time Information
Beginning and end dates of the daylight saving time in the United States and in Canada.
Gmt Time Zone New Zealand
Daylight saving time start and and dates in Canada and in the USA.
North American Time Zones
The time zones in North America, in the west from Hawaii and Alaska to the east cost of USA and Canada and all the way to Nova Scotia and Newfoundaland.
|Hours from UTC/GMT||Standard Time||Daylight Saving Time|
Time zones in North America.
GMT and UTC
Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) is originally referring to mean solar time at the Royal Observatory in Greenwich, London. GMT and Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) can be seen equivalent when fractions of a second are not important.
How to quickly convert UTC/GMT time to local time?
If you are working in an international company, you may need to know and deal with different local times of multiple zones. And to get the different local times, you need to use UTC/GMT time. Here this tutorial can tell you how to calculate the local time based on the UTC/GMT time in Excel.
UTC—Coordinated Universal Time
GMT -- Greenwich Mean Time
Convert UTC/GMT time to local time with Kutools for Excel
Convert UTC/GMT time to local time with formulas
Supposing there is a city—Tokyo whose local time is ahead 9 hours to GMT time, and you can convert the GMT time to its local time by following these steps：
1. Select a blank cell and enter the current GMT time into it, here take A2 for instances. To get the current GMT, you can take reference from this http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/
2. Select a blank cell and enter one formula of below, and press Enter to get the local time. See screenshot:
=A2 + TIME(9,0,0)
=A2 + (9 / 24)
(1) In above formulas, 9 is the number of hours the local time ahead to GMT, and you can change it as you need, if the local time is backward to the GMT, you just can change the plus sign + to minus sign -.
(2) The formula =A2 + (9 / 24) will return a decimal number. For converting the decimal number to time, please select the decimal number, and click Home > Number Format > Time.
Convert UTC/GMT time to local time with Kutools for Excel
There is a handy tool – Formula Helper in Kutools for Excel, which includes multiple useful and powerful functions can help you do some complex calculation. And to convert GMT/UTC to local time, the Add hours to date of Formulas can do you a favor.
Gmt Time Zone New York
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Enter the GMT time into a blank cell, A2 for instance, and select a blank cell, B2, which will get the local time you want. See screenshot:
2. Click Kutools > Formula Helper > Formula Helper, then in the popping Formulas Helper dialog, select Add hours to date from the Choose a formula list, and in Arguments input section, select the GMT time to Date Time textbox, and enter the time difference between local time and GMT time in to Number textbox. See screenshot:
What Time Is Gmt Time Now
3. Click Ok, and the local time has been gotten. See screenshot:
Convert GMT to Local Time
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel Solves Most of Your Problems, and Increases Your Productivity by 80%
- Reuse: Quickly insert complex formulas, charts and anything that you have used before; Encrypt Cells with password; Create Mailing List and send emails...
- Super Formula Bar (easily edit multiple lines of text and formula); Reading Layout (easily read and edit large numbers of cells); Paste to Filtered Range...
- Merge Cells/Rows/Columns without losing Data; Split Cells Content; Combine Duplicate Rows/Columns... Prevent Duplicate Cells; Compare Ranges...
- Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
- Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
- Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
- Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
- Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
- More than 300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel 2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features 30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.Oh boy... Where do I start? Maybe simply by pointing out ...
A) local time in many cases is not a simple offset throughout the whole year. ( DST, Daylight saving time )
B) the local time definition may change from one year to the next due to political changes.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.When UTC time is entered as a series of numbers (for example '1258119969'), you can use this formula to convert it to CST - [b]=(((D:D/60)/60)/24)+DATE(1970,1,1)-TIME(6,0,0)[/b] (where D equals the cell with the UTC time in it).
1258119969 11/13/09 7:46 AM
You can adjust for the time zone that you are in by changing the number is the TIME section. I have it set for CST so six hours are subtracted from the formula (GMT).
I don't know if Kutools has a better way of doing this or not.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.When UTC time is presented as a series of numbers (like this '1258119969' for example), use this formula - =(((D:D/60)/60)/24)+DATE(1970,1,1)-TIME(6,0,0) (where D equals the cell with the UTC time in it). Depending on what time zone you are in, you would adjust the TIME number. This example is for CST, so six hours was subtracted from the GMT formula.
1258119969 11/13/09 7:46 AM
I don't know if Kutools has a better way to do this or not.