- Using Disk Drill To Recover Files Using
- Using Disk Drill To Recover Files From Icloud
- Using Disk Drill To Recover Files From Hard Drive
- Using Disk Drill To Recover Files Download
- Disk Drill Pro
- Using Disk Drill To Recover Deleted Files
Yes, you can use Disk Drill to recover deleted videos and photos from your GoPro camera and other camera types that use a memory card as the storage medium. As an SD card recovery software, Disk Drill offers three ways to get your data back: Undelete Protected Data, Quick Scan, and Deep Scan. Disk Drill is a partition data recovery software for Windows and Mac that allows systemic changes depending on the origin and type of data lost over time. The encryption that is saturated along the hierarchy of the system may not allow the visibility of a certain file or partition.
Why Recovered Files Not Opening
Are you having the problem of being unable to open recovered files after data recovery with third-party utilities like EaseUS data recovery, Disk Drill, Recuva, ZAR, or Stellar? Many users complain that even the data recovery is successful; however, some recovered files can't open.
There are many factors that prevent users from viewing or open recovered files. The recovered files can be Word document, JPEG files, videos, or emails. The following are some typical causes:
- File recovery failure (partial data were not restored correctly)
- File corruption
- File encryption (due to Virus/malware infection)
- Data overwriting
Troubleshoot Recovered Files Not Opening or Unreadable
Solutions towards these issues are different. We suggest you figure out the cause first and then refer to the related method to get rid of this issue, restoring all files.
Fix File Recovery Failure - Use Another Reliable File Recovery Software
Using Disk Drill To Recover Files Using
When you perform incomplete file recovery on your storage devices with Recuva, Stellar, Disk Drill, or even EaseUS file recovery software, you probably cannot open recovered files. Here's what to do:
- First, make sure that you use the software in the right way.
- Second, choose a renowned and professional third-party file recovery software for help.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard would help you out of 'recovered files not opening or recovered files can't error on all Windows 10/8.1/8/7/XP and Vista. It will scan and restore all lost files in 3 steps:
Step 1. Select a location and start scanning.
Launch EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard, hover on the partition where you lost data, then click 'Scan'.
Step 2. Preview and select the files.
Wait until the scanning completes. If you need to double-click the item to preview the file, then select the data you attempt to recover.
Step 3. Recover lost data.
Click 'Recover', choose a location to save the recovered data, then click 'OK'. You should store the data in another place instead of the original one.
If you took the right steps, but still the recovered files won't open, it's very likely that the files have been fragmented or corrupted.
Under this condition, don't forget to search the files in 'More lost files(Raw)' or 'Extra Files', 'Filter'.
- 1. If EaseUS file recovery software fails to restore all of your lost files, contact us by emailing to [email protected] with all details of your problem.
- EaseUS data recovery experts will contact you and help to resolve your problem as soon as possible.
- 2. Also, remember to save recovered files to another secure device. Don't let the revered data get further damaged in the original device or being overwritten by new files.
Fix File Corruption - Apply File Repair Tool for Help
When the recovered files are corrupted, you certainly can't open them by simply clicking. Under this circumstance, you'll need a reliable file repair tool for help. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is not only famous for data recovery but also competent to repair corrupted files after recovery. With this tool, you don't need to worry about the recovered files not opening problem, EaseUS data recovery will complete file repair automatically.
EaseUS data recovery program supports comprehensive file repair solutions. For instance:
- Repair corrupted JPEG/JPG files
- Repair corrupted Excel or Word document for various reasons
- Fix multiple broken files at the same time
- Preview the repaired files for free
- Repair damaged files from PC, laptop, external hard drive, SD card, USB flash drive, etc.
Using Disk Drill To Recover Files From Icloud
The steps below display how EaseUS data recovery software repair corrupted videos, which help you fix the recovered video not playing issue.
Step 1. Select a location.
Choose the correct drive which contains the corrupted videos under 'Devices and Drives', which can be a removable disk or a local drive. Click 'Scan'.
Step 2. Scan lost videos.
EaseUS video recovery software will run immediately to scan all over the selected drive to find lost files as many as possible. The scan time depends on the used drive capacity and its health state. After the completion of the deep scan, you'll go to the repair session as soon as the software detects corruption. Some lost video files may have been subject to second damage by improper handling, so this file repair step is critical for a full video file recovery.
Wait patiently until the repair ends. Click 'Filter' on the top right and choose videos. This helps you quickly locate all the video files.
Step 3. Recover corrupted videos.
Using Disk Drill To Recover Files From Hard Drive
Double-click on a file lets you preview the file quality. Finally, if there is no problem at all, click 'Recover'. You should choose a different location to save the recovered videos.
Fix File Encryption - Clean Virus and Decrypt Files with
If you lost an encrypted file, after the file recovery, you could decrypt it with your password. But if your files were encrypted by virus, here's what you should do:
Step 1. Clean up the virus on PC and storage devices by running virus cleaner software. (Free Antivirus, Virus Removal Software, etc. can all work. )
Step 2. Use file decryption tools or software for help.
The tools listed can work to decrypt your files that can't be opened:
- McAfee Ransomware Recover
- File Encrypt Decrypt
- Decryption Tool
Data Overwritten - Restore Overwritten Files
Mostly, when your files get overwritten by a new file, you can neither open the old file nor restore it by applying normal file recovery software.
Fortunately, you may still have the last chance by restoring it from the previous version or restoring the overwritten file by performing System Restore. To do so, you can refer to recover overwritten files for a detailed guide.
The Bottom Line
To sum up, on this page, we discussed the reasons that cause your recovered files not opening and offered related solutions to resolve each issue. Remember, whenever you lost files, turn to EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for emergency help.
Or if you have no luck that recovered files were corrupted or damaged, can't open, also use EaseUS file repair software to repair corrupted files effectively.
Recovered Files Not Opening FAQs
If you have more questions about recovered files not opening or EaseUS data recovery files not opening, check the following topics and see more guide.
Can't open recovered files from EaseUS?
There might be very different causes why EaseUS data recovery files not opening after recovery. The causes might be:
- The lost file itself has been damaged
- Physical damage or bad sectors in the storage device
- The file contents are overwritten with other data
- The damaged file system on the storage device
For these reasons, you can solve EaseUS recovered files not opening in different ways. You have the option of fixing files or fixing storage devices.
Why recovered files cannot be opened?
The recover files can't open if one or more of the following conditions occurs:
- Data recovery doesn't complete or fails.
- The files have been corrupted or damaged before recovery.
- The files have been encrypted due to virus or malware infection.
- New data has overwritten the files.
- The storage device has some problems, such as bad sectors, physical damage, etc.
Can't open recovered Word files?
After data recovery, if you can't open the recovered Word files, you can use EaseUS file recovery and repair tool to help you out. This program can repair corrupted Word files during the recovery process. There is no need for you to look for another Word file repair software.
How do I open recovered files?
You can open the recovered files in the way below:
- Find the file on your computer and double-click it. This will open the file in its default application.
- Open the application, then use the application to open the file. Once the application is open, you can go to the File menu at the top of the window and select Open.
Can corrupted files be recovered?
Using Disk Drill To Recover Files Download
In some cases, it is possible to recover and fix the corrupted files. You can apply a professional file repair program to troubleshoot. If you can't recover and repair the damaged files, it may be necessary to delete the file and replace it with an earlier saved version.
Disk Drill is an easy-to-use program for simple scanning, viewing and recovering lost data It can be used to scan laptops or desktop computers, iOS or Android mobile devices, internal and external hard disks, USB drives, memory cards, digital cameras etc.
The Basic edition allows you to scan and recover a limited amount of data – but do it for free. The Deep Scan by Disk Drill available in Pro and Enterprise editions can identify and recover over 300 various file types.
Versions and prices
Disk Drill is offered in three versions supporting MacOS and Windows:
- Basic: a free version that enables you to scan a device and find out which files can be recovered. You will be able to recover protected data, create backups for damaged disks and test your recovery options. However, the amount of recovered data is limited to the tiny 500 MB.
- Pro ($ 89): the version for personal use. Disk Drill Pro can be installed on three computers for the same user. Run a quick scan, deep scan or search for partitions – and recover all types of data carriers and file systems. For an extra payment of 29$, you can sign up to lifelong update program.
- Enterprise ($ 399): Disk Drill Enterprise features all the functions available in the Pro version and offers an unlimited number of installations to as many users as there can be. This is a commercial data recovery package with an option of free lifelong updates.
The Disk Drill versions for Mac and Windows are a bit different. The most noticeable one is that a Windows free version lets you recover 500 Mb of data, While the Mac version need to be upgraded to Pro edition to recover anything.
Disk Drill offers several types of permanent discount for their customers: a 20% discount for educational, commercial and government organizations; a 50% discount for competitive upgrade (when you switch to Disk Drill after having used a tool form another software developer); and a 50% cross discount for the Mac version if you already have a Windows version.
With Disk Drill, you can recover partitions, back up recovery results to a mounted drive, protect valuable data and files, and suspend or resume scanning at any time. Disk Drill lets you choose between a quick scan or a deep scan for complicated cases of data loss.
The Disk Drill version for Mac OS X also provides free access to additional tools such as:
- Disk Health: monitor the disk for possible problems.
- Mac Cleanup: analyze the disk space, find rarely used files and clean all kinds of junk.
- Duplicate Finder: find and remove all duplicated files from your disk.
Ease of use and high performance
Disk Drill Pro
Disk Drill is easy to install and you will never get lost in its menu.
We tested Disk Drill Pro for Windows and tried to recover several file types (photos, documents, videos and audio files). We used several scenarios, such as recovering files after they were deleted and after disk formatting.
Important note: even a 1% difference in test results may actually mean a great number of files that can be recovered (or not). For example, 1% of an external 1 TB hard disk is equivalent to 10 GB of data: hundreds of images or thousands of documents…
Both with data deleted or disk formatted, Disk Drill can recover photos with an excellent rate of success. For lost documents, Disk Drill was very good to recover about 90% of files which is 4% better than the average figure. Nevertheless, it only detected 80% of the files lost after disk formatting – and this is 4% below the average performance rate. If you need to recover hundreds of important documents, you can also try other products included into our rating. Even though some of them boast recovery rates of over 95%, every case of recovery depends largely on specific circumstances.
Disk Drill was also tested for recovering music and video. In our tests, it was able to bring back an average of 53% of all media files. With formatted disks, the figure even climbed to 70%.
Using Disk Drill To Recover Deleted Files
Disk Drill users can receive tech support advice by email, phone and through an interactive chat. In its Help Center page, Disk Drill offers access to the knowledge base, program release data, FAQs, useful posts in its blog and a community forum.